Sunday, June 10, 2012

March, April, May, June. Where has all the time gone?

Let me just start off by saying WOW, time really does fly. I would add, when you're having fun, but seriously, time just flies, plain and simple.

Holy Cadbury Ice Cream Bar, Batman? Sorry completely random. Just saw a commercial for them.

Anyway :) I really can't believe its been since my second week in Bakersfield since I've updated this thing. I really did have the best of intentions. Then life happened. Well, work. Baseball season. And this took a back burner. Most of the people who read the first few posts are my friend on Facebook or follow me on Twitter so they've been able to keep up. I'll sum up the last few months anyway and try update here more often.

What's been going lately? I got sick for the first time since being away from home and only wanted to be back in Highlands where my mommy and daddy (or Jaclyn or Jace) could take care of me.  Where I could lay on the couch in my pajamas all day and have someone bring me chicken noodle soup and juice. It was a little depressing. It reminded me of that first time being sick when you're away at college, whose going to take care of you then? That roommate you've known all of a month or two. I get that I'm a grown up but sometimes all you want is your mommy. Turned out okay, I had some good people looking out for me! Sarah for one who drove me home when I nearly passed out at 3 something in the morning while chilling in the pressbox keeping an eye on the Boy Scout sleepover. And then my boss Liz who brought me medicine, juice, and my car the morning I actually called in sick. Thank you ladies!

Other happenings in Bakersfield...Well on the Blaze front, the team is in 1st place right now. It makes things exciting, especially with the first half winding down. Don't really get to see much of the games, since I'm working and all. But when I'm not being pulled in a ton of different directions its fun to watch. Sometimes I feel like mom's must feel when they're kids are calling them constantly. Instead of hearing, "mom! Mom! Mother," from every which direction, I get, "Julie. Julie! Julie, can you come help me? Julie, do you know where the skittles are? Are we out of pizza? The Coors Light needs to be changed," things get a little intense during the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th inning. Then again in the 7th. Speaking of the 7th, I still can't wrap my head around not hearing "The stars at night, are big and bright, (clap, clap, clap, clap) deep in the heart of Texas." It just isn't right, folks, it just isn't right.

Places I've been you ask.

Welp, went to a Clippers game. Good Times. Lots of fun. Overtime. Completely exhausted the next day.

Took a limo ride to Lancaster to see the Blaze take on the Jethawks. Kinda cool because 1) we took a limo 2) the Jethawks are affiliated with the Astros and we know I'll always be a loyal Astros fan and 3) I actually got to watch an entire baseball game. Oh, let's add, in all seriousness here, my food is better. Went to San Jose for a Blaze game. Again, lots of fun considering I was kinda sick. Again completely exhausted the next day. Don't think we should consider going that far away the night before we start a long homestand again. Probably not the wisest decision every. Ya live, ya learn.

Decided I still need to go to LA and do the whole tourist thing. Need to go to Disneyland. The beach. I know those of you that know me might be shocked by that last statement. Yes, I did say the beach. It isn't Galveston out here folks, so far, I just don't like Galveston. Corpus was nice. Cancun was AMAZING. Why wouldn't I at least give the beaches out here a chance?

Random things worth sharing, or not worth sharing. Getting hit on at the grocery store when you feel like crap tends to turn your day around. Getting hit on by people I don't want to get hit on, however, isn't cool. Namely, the Thirsty Thursday crowd or other guys I'm totally unattracted to. Swimsuit shopping will always suck. I love the fact that my favorite jeans were on sale a couple weeks ago, bought 2 pairs, had to send 1 back, too short. Latest addictions...Target and Pinterest. Someone help me please, I may need to join a support group.

Things I miss about being back in Texas. Blue Bell. Really is the best ice cream. Texas BBQ. Tex-Mex. Watching my brother play baseball, it's been alot harder than I thought it would be. Chilling with Jaclyn doing the random things Jac and I do. Talking to Erica, or running errands with Erica, we did that a bunch, Walmart, Target, Old Navy. Not being able to give her a hug when I know she needs it most and that's all I can really do for her. Going to the last showing of whatever movie Candace and I decided we just had to see. Why we always ended up at the movies that late, I don't know, that's just how it always worked out. Miss looking through coupons at my Grandma's house every morning, sipping coffee or looking at the paper with Grandpa. Miss talking to my dad about stupid stuff. Talking to mom about books, tv, and cooking. Stopping by HLL just because it's there and lights were on, so something must be going on.

Things I hate I wasn't a part of... Kristi's wedding. Christopher's wedding. Mother's Day. Bella and Cooper's birthday party. The kinda/sorta Holloway family reunion I just missed. Graduations. The Dazzler Tea at The Teapot Depot. There are babies I have yet to meet. Weddings I'm still going to miss. More birthdays.

Pausing to watch the "A whole new world" scene in Aladdin. Will return to regular programming shortly. "When we're way up here, it's crystal clear"

And I'm back...More major life events for the people I care most about. Houses, issues with kids, boyfriends/girlfriends, jobs, etc.

Now I've gone and depressed myself so I'll leave you with load of random life in Bakersfield pictures. Enjoy.




Random Astros stuff.
Astros Media Guide
Authentic Astros Shorts, thanks to Lancaster clubbie and a signed Jethawk bat, again thanks to Lancaster clubbie



Office Dog, until her "owners," came to finally get her. Still not 100% sure she belonged to them.
Random kitten we kept for the night.



 How many boys does it take to make hot chocolate? On a cold night at least 3. One to dump the hot chocolate mix into the cup, one to pour the water, one to stir.


Just another day in the office. If a pair of large jeans magically show up in the office what does one do? Have Megan try them on of course






If a large shipment of baseball maracas comes in for Cinco de Mayo what does the Blaze front office do? Builds a throne, duh




If Dallas throws away a perfectly good pot of chili, instead of only the one that needs to get tossed, what do they kids in the concession stand do? Make him a sign to wear that says, "I waste chili."



Commercial shoot day. Still need to put together the video from what I recorded on my phone. Thinking it should be to Centerfield. "Put me in coach"


 Made me think of my dad. lol. #5 and a sporting goods store. Why didn't he come up with this concept?

Panda Express has the corniest fortunes. Seriously, I think the one I got before this told me to wish upon a star or something along those lines


 Tried to make Jace believe I threw this fast. He didn't. Smart kid








Wish I had a really random picture to play "caption this with." Maybe that's what my entire next blog will be about.

Keepin It Country...Got the CMT Music Awards on (now that Aladdin is over)


No comments:

Post a Comment